|Yellow Lentil Soup|
|Course 2: The last cherry tomatoes & sauteed shishitos from the garden.|
1 cup chopped onions (I used red 'cause I had one half cut, but ordinarily, I'd use yellow)
4 cloves garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
1 cup yellow lentils
6 cups water/broth
(1 Cup leftover roasted carrot soup)
cumin (2 T?)
turmeric (1 T?)
lemon juice (1/4 C?)
white vinegar (splash)
1. Sautee first group of ingredients 'til onions are translucent, stirring constantly.
2. Add 2nd group of ingredients, stir, bring to a boil, reduce to a low simmer, cover with a lid, and set kitchen timer for 35 minutes.
3. At 35 minutes, taste. If more cooking time could be used, add time and continue to simmer, otherwise, move to step 4 after turning off the heat.
4. Blend all ingredients with a stick blender until smooth. Taste. Add leftover soup if you are planning to add it and re-puree. Taste.
5. Based on taste test from #4, add ingredients from last group to taste.
6. Let soup cool for 10-15 minutes. Serve warm. Enjoy!
On the workout front, the ankle is slowly but surely healing. Last week the mileage totaled 16.76 including a very exciting 3.06 miles of jog/walking with my sister-in-law. I can jog. My ankle can handle the load. I can't jump without extreme pain (thanks to tabatas, I know this), and I'm apprehensive on uneven terrain -- so we'll see where I end up with the planned 8 mile trail run with the bay area running folks this weekend...
Today, starting a new week where I have 75% mobility, I did 3 tabata workouts, with the jumping modified (because my ankle still can't jump). I also did 15 minutes on the elliptical on level 9 (1.06 miles) and 15 minutes on the treadmill including 2 X 0.25 @ 10 min/mile 2% incline with incline walking heartrate recovery. Overall, the workout felt like a good effort, and I feel comfortable that I'm headed in the right direction. The next big test will be yoga... Wish me luck.