June 21, 2008

Coming up for air

I'm in another one of those work-'til-you-drop periods again. It's actually been a while, and I've got a vacation coming up, so at least it's fairly well timed.

This time around, I'm trying to force myself to relax, let the work go for an hour or few at a time, and take breaks for things that are more important to me than work -- like lunch with friends, time with my visiting sister, my runs, and a birthday dinner party for a friend.

Fitting all of those things in, however, is stressful. I'm constantly feeling like I should be working when I'm doing the things I told myself were more important than working.

At least I'm actually doing them. Now I just have to get better about enjoying them more.

In other news, it got up to 107F at our house under the eaves yesterday and my short run was *very* sweaty.

Today, I've got 13-15 miles with E2 on deck, which is much less distance than last week's 20, but it's already 80F outside... so I suspect it's gonna be difficult.

Guess I should get out the door sooner rather than later.

No comments: