February 18, 2009

Exhausted, but for good reason

Work continues at its break-neck pace as if I didn't need a vacation (and certainly have no right to a leisurely return to work after my weekend away).

Last night, I made it home by 8:10 PM and still had one contract to edit, an amendment to draft, and two binders of diligence to review.

Instead of attacking that, however, I had a quick dinner of leftover soup with E before he headed off to meet a colleague for drinks.

Then, I caught up with R about a paper she had to write on the moral code of the bourgeousie as applied to the poor in the 19th century.

And finally, my sister arrived, so I caught up with her. She's staying the night with us because she's got an interview at Stanford tomorrow for their PA program! She already was admitted to Davis' program, so now, it's just a matter of where she will be doing her PA studies, not if.

I'm so proud of her. It's been a long road from her 3-yr overachieving architecture undergraduate degree, including some time when she did all the pre-requisites necessary to apply to medical school. In particular, I'm proud of her for figuring out what she *really* wanted in life, and going after a solution that provided her access to the life she wants to live as opposed to taking the route that's the most prestigious in the eyes of strangers. Decisions like that are hard and rare. I'm certain she will be very happy with her decision and so proud of her.

Yay Sis!

And now, I must return to my early AM work to make up for my very important procrastination last night.

1 comment:

Arvay said...

"the moral code of the bourgeousie as applied to the poor in the 19th century" how interesting. I still mourn for Tess Durbeyfield, even though she is fictional.