December 21, 2006

Winter Solstice Happiness

It's the shortest day of the year. For someone like me, who loves sunlight, the fact that there will be more sunlight each day for quite some time is a cause for celebration.

Plus, I've got all sorts of little things to celebrate:

E and I went to our local sushi joint (where we are known and get gift sushi) for dinner tonight. It was great to have a date with the husband. Then, as we were leaving the hostess/owner gave us hugs and wished us a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I don't know what it is, but something about the local restaurant owner giving you a hug for the holidays just really makes the world seem like a wonderful place.

For the last week, more of my mail has been personal cards from people I know than either bills or junk mail.

I left work at 5:30 today and talked to one of my best friends for over an hour, a luxury in which I hadn't indulged for at least 2 weeks.

One of the partners I work for took back one of my projects so that my winter holidays won't be spent working.

Tomorrow morning, the weather genie claims it will be neither raining, nor below freezing, for my run.

No comments: