November 25, 2007

7 Things you don't know about me

Like Beanie, who tagged me, I too try to be a relatively anonymous blogger.

But, there are plenty of people who read this who know me in the meatworld, too. Many of them probably know me better than I know myself. In fact, because some of my close friends and family read this, I'm not totally sure I could come up with 7 things that none of my readers knew about me.

So, I present 7 things about me that the readers most don't know and those who know me in real life *may* not know.

1. I want a dog as a pet even though I'm severely allergic to them and do not have the time or proper space to care for one.

2. I have a ridiculous maternal instinct. When children cry, I want to comfort them so much that it hurts.

3. I went through a several year phase where I didn't like to eat white creamy food. No mayonnaise, no milk, no white sauce, no yogurt, no ranch dressing, no egg-based custards. I have recovered on all counts except the mayonnaise and the ranch dressing, which I still do my best to avoid.

4. I love reptiles.

5. I generally don't eat sweet fruits. You know, the things everyone thinks of when they think of fruit: apples, bananas, apricots, peaches, oranges, pears, berries, cherries. I just don't like 'em that much, although on occasion, they are fabulous. But, my favorite foods almost all include unsweet fruits like eggplant, zucchini, peppers, squash, tomatoes, cucumbers, etc.

6. I can not be trusted to keep my own keys.

7. The women in my family all get an Eblskiver pan as a gift at some point. Wherever we are, we make Ebleskivers for Christmas and Thanksgiving breakfast.

And with that, I tag JayKay.

No comments: