Lately, I've really been struggling with womens' role in the business and legal worlds and sexism.
Also, I've made some amazing meals.
If no other good comes of these struggles (which, I must admit, despite torturing E with my descriptions of why I think it is important for womens' issues to be addressed I've managed to neither fully convince he nor myself...),
At least there was the good soba discovery....
-3 bundles of single-serving soba
-1-2 Tbsp red curry paste
-3-4 Tbsp fish sauce
-3-4 Tbsp soy sauce
-1 head garlic, minced
-1 bag haricots verts (12-14 oz.), frozen
1. Heat wok to high, add sesame oil. Watch smoke. Realize that you knew sesame was a medium heat oil and feel embarrassed. Turn heat to medium and remove wok from heat, swirl 'til it stops smoking. Add tons and tons (1 head?) of minced garlic to the wok and toss fervently. (While no one is looking, boil some water and boil the soba. Drain the soba quickly and rinse under cold water as soon as it is al dente. Chop into 2 inch pieces with kitchen scissors).
2. Add 1 bag frozen haricots verts (each haricot can be chopped into two or three pieces if you like) to the wok.
3. Stir fry the beans, garlic and oil on the wok and discuss.
4. Add fish sauce, thai curry paste and soba....
5. What's not to like....(except burnt toasts, but we wouldn't dare...)