September 24, 2008

The Pace of Life

Where did 2008 go? The days blow by me so fast and it's almost the holidays...

I had my quarterly review yesterday. I did not get fired. I did get the comment that sometimes I am too quick (or, under too much time pressure) and I don't totally think about the words in my contracts before I turn them in for review. That's true. I will be working on that one.

Unlike work, where sometimes I am too quick, when I put on my running shoes, I am not ever "too quick." I am still working on increasing my speed. Yesterday, I decreased my 3-mile speed check time by 47 seconds. This was a huge jump and I was excited. An average speed decrease of 16 seconds per mile!

Only 3 minutes and 12 seconds to go, or only 1 minute 4 seconds decrease in my average time per mile. [grin] Yeah, that's a lot. I have my work cut out for me.

1 comment:

The Enforcer said...

I recently had a review as well. Hooray for not getting fired! ;)