November 6, 2009

Wisdom From People Magazine

I refuse to pay for People, but thanks to Active.com's policy of giving you up to 3 free trial subscriptions every time you register for a race, I regularly receive it in the mail (sometimes two copies at a time).

Anyways, it's totally my guilty pleasure -- staring at the gorgeous and the well-put-together and reading about their personal lives.

This week, I enjoyed reading all about Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prinze Jr.'s new baby, Charlotte. They are two of the more down-to-earth stars who've done baby interviews with People. (Trust me. I know. I've been reading every People baby story that's come out for years -- there have been too many to count).

In particular, I liked SMG's comment about her hopes for her daughter's future:

I want her to know that there is no such thing as an entertainment emergency, even though out here, people seem to think we have them every day.

Here! Here!

Entertainment emergencies don't really exist, despite many people's beliefs to the contrary.

And while we're on the topic, legal emergencies are actually pretty few and far between, especially if you're not dealing with criminal matters (or civil matters that are threatening to become criminal).

In fact, emergencies outside of the life-or-death context are difficult to come by.

Problems? Common.

Emergencies? Rare.

Any questions?

[Now if only I could get my law firm to agree...]

No comments: