July 30, 2011

Decluttering

Today, my todo list was simple.

1. A 6 mile run with a friend.
2. Do some decluttering of the house.

How decadent! So much free time!

The run was done and I was showered by 10 AM.

So, I gardened.

I collected our first true summer harvest (July 30th is the latest date I've ever experienced for the first real tomato).

E and I biked to a local outdoor hotel restaurant and enjoyed a very american and reasonably-priced brunch around their pool -- the architecture, the elderly crowd, the menu of omelettes and salads and sandwiches, and of course, the view of the pool and the guests frolicking -- it felt like something out of The Graduate.

After a failed attempt at a nap, I cleaned and put things in three boxes for exit, one for trash, one for donation, and one for return to our former renter.

In the course of doing so, I found my journal from Egypt.

After reading it, I decided I will post the entries before I throw it away. Egypt may be the last trip I took without a computer, where I actually kept a written diary.

How times change.

No comments: