September 27, 2012

Grinning Goodbye To Summer

Summer always seems to bring us wonderful excesses of travel, barbeque, too much food, wine, and celebration.

After the fun has ended, E and I try to impose our own version of reasonable restraint/limited abstinence upon ourselves.

So far this week we've been successful.  We've avoided almost all social activity, have slept at least eight hours each night, and have successfully refrained from all processed grains, alcohol, meat (except fish, once), and tried to fit in more exercise including some good evening yoga.

In addition to garden salads and soups for dinner, I've been enjoying smoothies for lunch.  I love the treat of blended dark leafy greens, garden cucumbers, bananas, and berries.  Delicious, healthy, and light.

On Tuesday, after my liquid lunch, I went to the post office, the UPS store, and visited the bank teller in person.

On the drive back to the home office, I caught a glimpse of myself in the rear-view mirror and realized the *other* benefit of the smoothie lunch:

A widely speckled grin of berry skins and leafy green bits, for all to enjoy.

(Hey USPS, UPS, and bank teller, next time can I get a heads up please?)

1 comment:

Property leases said...

Healthy body and mind important, most lawyers have neither !