January 3, 2010

I am allergic

To dogs.

To everything with fur, really.

But Dogs are where it hurts me.

Puppies, this trip to my hometown.... Uggh... I must choose between cuddling the cuteness and hives. I hate it.

At my mom's house, her dog is generally well behaved. He leaves me alone. And she cleans vigorously. But still. I get asthmatic. Dog dander and my lungs are not a good combination.

This trip, however, I barely had any issues (particularly after the early AM runs).

I suspect this conversation explains it all:

[Mom, at the doggy groomers]: Please give her a good wash. Everything. The shampoo. The works. My daughter is coming for the holidays, and she is allergic...

[Groomer]: Oh... an allergic family member! I'm so sorry. Perhaps you'd like to opt into our Super Duper Vacuum the Dog's Dander after the Shampoo Treatment?

[Mom]: Oh? Really? You vacuum the dander? I bet my daughter would be happy about that. Please do...



[Mom]: Look at Merlin! He's never looked so clean, so shiny, so well groomed. He's never smelled so good!

[Me]: Happy to help! Seriously, thanks mom. I can already tell the difference.

And there you have it -- you can take your dog to the groomers to have it treated with some sort of dander vacuum to prep for the visit of allergic folks. Who knew?

2 comments:

Arvay said...

Vacuuming animals? Dan's already thought of that. Unfortunately, a certain angry rabbit highly disapproved.

Biting Tongue said...

LOL -- I love the idea of bunn attacking the vacuum!

-bt