June 25, 2012

Getting Back in the Swing of Things

Sunday, I headed out for a hilly loop of 13 miles with H.

It's been a long time since I tried to do a true long run, much less one with serious hills.

It was a beautiful day and I finished.  I also bid H farewell around mile 8 when it became glaringly apparent that I was just much too slow for her.

Year to date, I'm at about 515 miles.

Last year, I did 1659 miles, total.  So,yeah, I've been slacking.

But, I've got 2 marathons in the pipeline (Equinox and CIM), so this weekend's ass-kicking was exactly what the doctor ordered. I took a few walk breaks, and I erred on the side of slow and steady, but at the end of the day, I'm back in distance runner mode.

Apologies (to my 13 loyal readers as well as randoms) in advance for the likely increased frequency of boring running posts.

2 comments:

Arvay said...

So many loyal readers! :~D

Biting Tongue said...

@Arvay: I rounded up from zero.