May 2, 2007

Wah, Wah, Wah...

If you don't like whiners, stop reading.

I dropped my phone on the way to dinner with lucky_girl tonight. Dinner rocked. Finding out, on my way home that the emails I had been feeling buzz did not mean that my phone was fully functional, however, did not rock. Turns out, now my phone is fucked. I can get and send emails for work. Probably text messages. It can dial other numbers and make them ring. It may even be able to receive calls. But audio? Yeah, fugghedaboudit...

Also, after dinner, I found a ticket on my windshield. Actually, I would have missed it, but lucky_girl pointed it out. 10 AM to 10 PM meters? What the fuck? Are you kidding me? Guess my park at 7 pm and leave at 10 PM celebration about finding a free meter was a bit premature/ridiculous.

In other news, work is busy but overwhelming. At some point, when I have the time to look back and view this whole experience with hindsight, I'm almost certain I'll be very pleased with my career choices at the moment. But living them? It's sort of like my phone right now. I feel like I can get the assignments and can send responses if I'm willing to put my ass on the line in text, but, if I want to reach out to another human being, you know, to have a conversation, to feel it out for sanity... that's often not so feasible. The microphone and speaker are broken, see. From the fall...

Stupid gravity.

No comments: