August 23, 2004

Out of Control

Normally, I commute about 1 hour to school. Some days, it's faster, others a bit longer. But today, this madness won the award for the longest commute to date.

2 hours, 50 minutes.

I called K and talked for an hour, which I wouldn't normally be able to do. I sat on side roads and saw parts of towns I'd never seen before and probably never will see again. I marvelled at modern transportation and how I take it for granted that I should be able to live 40 miles from where I need to be and it should work most of the time. Back in the good old days, all travel took as long as today's commute. Amazing. Today, it is only mass transit with missed connections , or other disasters that takes as long as the good old days.

Needless to say, I missed my first class. Several people offered their notes. Days like today, I'm very happy with my school and my classmates. I really appreciate their offers to help and will return in kind to the next person who could use my help.

No comments: