March 22, 2006

Wifey Lifey

So far this week, I've been a good new wife. I'm slowly cleaning the house to return it to some semblance of cleanliness that preceded the wedding hurricane. I made lentil soup from scratch for Monday (leftovers tuesday). I even stayed awake for all of Lost in Translation last night (I'm one of those who fall asleep instead of watching the movie with you). Tonight I thawed some homemade bolognese to serve with artichoke linguine (from the Great Artichoke trip) in an effort to bribe our photographer when she showed up with the contact sheets. Unfortunately (or fortunately, really), she was onto me and brought her own bribe of citizen cake pugliese and dessert. E, who never misses a trick, pointed out that we should have the photographer over more often since he prefers bolognese, bread, and cake to vegetarian lentil soup.

Unfortunately, the only thing I'm not liking about my first wife week at home is that I have a sore throat. My tongue is slightly swollen. It hurts to swallow. And, I'm exhausted.

Figures. Everytime I really buckle down to push through a stressful period of time, as soon as I relax, my body does it's best to let me know how much it disliked what I put it through.

Got it. Message received.

So, since I can't go home to visit my dad during his chemo with this nice little infection (which is probably the cousin of the nasty sinus infection that E has, I hope I don't have to go to the doctor to get antibiotics), I get to stay home and just do normal life stuff for the first weekend in at least 4 months.

I'm ecstatic.

I've got big plans to study, catch up on my reading, clean, sleep, write Thank Yous and possibly cook another meal or two. It may not sound fun to you, but it sounds like heaven to me. Even with a mutinous body.

How's that for a boring post? Oh, and the contact sheets were fun. I don't know how we're going to pick our favorite photos. But it's a good problem to have.

No comments: