If you ever find yourself with the following leftovers that are on their way out and need to be consumed:
1. 1 cup buttermilk
2. 2/3 cup sour cream
4. prosciutto (6 slices)
Let me *strongly* suggest the dinner course we had this fine evening:
buttermilk-sour-cream-waffles (with prosciutto)*
2 C all-purpose flour
1/2 t salt
2 T sugar
1 1/2 t baking soda
1 cup buttermilk
2/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup half-and-half (could probably use water or milk, but we only have half-and-half for the coffee, so when milk is needed, it's half and half or nothing)
2 eggs, separated
4 T butter (half stick) melted
1/2 t vanilla
canola oil for brushing the waffle iron
1. combine dry ingredients, stir well with a whisk.
2. combine dairy ingredients, vanilla and egg yolks, stir 'til smooth.
3. Mix dairy mixture into dry ingredients with whisk 'til smooth.
4. Whip egg whites 'til soft peaks. Fold in.
5. heat waffle iron to 3.5/5. Baste with oil when ready. Spoon in slightly less than half a cup of batter and cook 'til done.
6. Serve warm, with 1-2 slices of prosciutto each. Fold and eat like a sandwich. Consider adding a tomato.
7. Mmm... savory breakfast for dinner....
*modified by the ingredients in my pantry but adapted from "Rich Buttermilk Waffles" in How to Cook Everything.