March 7, 2004

Laughter

At the gym on friday, I overheard the following conversation between two guys working out. I didn't laugh out loud, but did amuse myself internally with the parallels to the typical female conversation which guys will complain about whenever they get the chance.


Dude, she's gaining like 3 pounds a week. She's supposed to only gain 1 pound per week, the doctor said so.

Dude, you aren't the one who's pregnant. You can't be telling her to eat less, that's just not cool.

But, it's my baby too. I just want to feel like I have some control in the process. And she's so out of control...


Then, at the post-party to E's company party, I witnessed the conniving actions of many men towards one of their friends. Why? Because they were blocking his view of the date he brought as she undressed a different coworker in the middle, no make that the front entrance, of the bar.

Ahh... the comedic relief of the human condition. Who could ask for anything more?

No comments: