September 29, 2004

I actually had to say this

Oh, No. Thank you, but I'm certain that's not a good idea. You and I both know that by missing my interview today, I'm starting on too much of the wrong foot. Why don't you just let me apologize profusely for wasting your time, shake your hand one more time, and we'll call it a day.

Yeah. I completely forgot about an OCI interview today. I didn't get the time wrong. I didn't mis-schedule. I just straight forgot. I wouldn't have remembered at all were it not for a helpful acquaintance who expressed surprise at my lack of a suit, saying, "I thought you had an interview today."

"Nahh...." I said. Cool as a cucumber. "I cancelled a bunch of my interviews, you must have seen my name on the list before I cancelled." Right. Wow. I'm an idiot. God bless the acquaintance who noticed my name on the interview list. I arrived several hours late to apologize and they were very nice. They actually offered to try to fit me in at the end of the day--that's where the quote at the beginning of the post came in.

I mean, let's be honest, I wouldn't hire someone who couldn't remember to show up for the interview. Would you?

No comments: