September 15, 2004

Opposite Day

Wednesdays were the most hellish day of the week. That, of course, was before moot court practice, journal commitments, and OCI all decided to simultaneously require random intervals of my time over the next few weeks. In an ironic twist, Wednesday is my least demanding day of the week for the next few weeks.

Didn't matter, though. E and I kept up the Wednesday night restaurant thing (despite the break after the worst day of the week rationale being shot to pieces) and hit our local (cheaper) sushi joint.

You've got to have one or two places like that. It's not the best sushi in town, nor is it the place we take visitors, but it's pretty good, and when we take the price into consideration, it's pretty high on the overall satisfaction scale. Add the fact that the chef and waitstaff know us (we're only there about once every week or two) and the gift sushi that we always receive and it's a no-brainer.

Funny thing about gift sushi, though. You can't count on it coming, 'cause that would be rude. So you always have to order like it's not coming and then stuff yourself even sillier when it innevitably arrives. My mama raised me right. I'm not leaving a gift of food behind when I leave. No-siree-bob.

Other than that, law school continues as you'd expect. As promised, I have little-to-no social life for the next few weeks in order to give myself time to get everything done. As a result, I'm staying on top of my work (but barely), getting enough sleep, eating reasonably well, and getting in a decent amount of workouts (although probably not as many as I'd like).

No comments: