May 15, 2006

And then there was one...

Well, folks, it's almost over.

Another 2 units down, and only 4 to go. I celebrated by taking the night off. First, a trip to the spa for a much-needed facial. Then, phone calls to far-away friends and home-made tahini-caeser dressing on salad, panini, and now, a chocolate concoction in the oven.

Sure, it's 1/2 a milk-chocolate easter rabbit + cocoa powder substituted for dark chocolate and all the other necessary last-minute alterations to make it work. But, I bastardized the dense chocolate loaf cake recipe from How to Be a Domestic Goddess, and regardless of how it tastes, it smells good. Dinner just wasn't enough.

E laughs every time I crave sweets. Chocolate. Any of that stuff.

See, when we met, I swore I didn't like it. Didn't need it. Didn't want it, even. Apparently, as time has passed, I've either changed or become more honest with myself.

Regardless, I'm desperately hoping that dessert turns out well. Then I can enjoy it both tonight and tomorrow AM, after my run and before I buckle down for the last push.

I can see the end. And it smells like chocolate.

No comments: