May 11, 2006

Serenity Now

I've had the most lax attitude towards today's Intellectual Property exam of all exams in my law career thus far.

Last night, I went to a dinner party 'til 10 PM. When I got home I gave E the practice Exam questions to see how much of this IP survey stuff the above average engineer knows. He got all of the questions correct. He missed some nuances here and there, but he knew the fundamentals. He would have gotten a B. Maybe a B+.

I knew this stuff much better than him when I was an engineer (it is, after all, the reason I went to law school.) The great thing about law school grading is I'll probably get a B too. The great thing about being a 3rd year student is I don't care, so I went to the party.

Or, at least I think I don't care.

I woke up at 6:30 AM this morning after a night of fitful sleep to find my brain racing through theoretical IP problems. I have acid reflux. I seriously considered skipping my run to "study" before the afternooon exam.

What the hell?

No comments: