October 6, 2012

Vacation Anticipation

I have to work today (Saturday) and tomorrow, too, most likely.  Sometimes working on the weekends frustrates me, but today, I'm comforting myself with the thought that E and I leave soon for Hawaii.

It will be a quick, but necessary, get away.  I will turn on my out of office and do as little work as possible while getting in great runs and lots of reading and beach time.

E and I have traveled together quite a bit this year.  Add in the solo travel I've done, and my existing reservations put me on track to acquire Delta Gold status for next year (despite the fact that my international travel this year wasn't eligible for Delta miles).

Traveling for vacation with E is one of my favorite things in the world.  We can leave the day-to-day stresses of our lives behind and relax or share adventures.

This year, other than a quick weekend getaway for our anniversary, all of our joint travel has been either a) related to work; b) related to family; or c) related to an out of town wedding or race.

So, this upcoming trip to Hawaii will be the first time in a year where we're getting on a plane to escape and the only purpose is for us to enjoy ourselves.

The last time we did this, it was a almost a year ago.  Also to Hawaii.  Kauai has become our go-to guaranteed relaxation and restoration location.

And I'm excited.

No comments: