February 6, 2004

The way it actually is...

L had to meet with the dean over his first semester grades. His goal is to have as much fun as possible in school and to graduate. It's wonderfully refreshing.

Yesterday, he got off of his cell phone during lunch and smiled, saying...

I know you all study more than me and do your reading and get better grades, but...
I just got a paying job for the summer. {Cue Endzone Dancing}


Apparently, he met the lawyer who hired him on public transit. They went for a beer. The guy called him in for an informal interview asked him about what he'd done and decided to hire him without ever seeing his resume or grades. When L asked, "do you need my resume?" The lawyer replied, "What for? You already told me what you've done and I know I want to hire you."

And that, my friends, makes me very happy.

No comments: