I had a day that was full of drama. Sibling drama. Legal drama. Work drama. Friend drama.
I was thrilled at the opportunity to make dinner:
Spaghetti squash topped with cabbage tomato sauce
-1 spaghetti squash
-1 small cabbage from the garden, sliced thin
-1 medium yellow onion, diced
-2 T butter
-1 can stewed tomatoes
-4 T garlic, minced
1. Pre-heat oven to 400F. Puncture holes evenly around the squash with a steak knife.
2. Melt butter over medium heat. Place squash in oven for 45 minutes.
2. Saute´e cabbage, onion, 1/2 of the garlic in butter until fragrant. Add 1/2 cup white wine, continue to stir.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste, stir and simmer 2 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes and remaining garlic, continue to stir on medium until cabbage is tender.
5. Remove sauce from heat and cover and keep warm.
6. Remove squash from oven at 45 minutes. Slice in half & allow to cool for 5 minutes.
7. Spoon out seeds from each half and transfer the meat of the squash between the halves so that it is evenly oriented.
8. Serve half of the cabbage tomato sauce over one half of spaghetti squash and the other over the other.
9. Eat immediately and enjoy.