March 1, 2009

Our Babies

Well, as I said, E and I are committed to the garden this year.

And, I'm a tomato-lovin' fool.

So, I'm trying to grow several varieties of tomatoes from seeds.

Basically, I've got a *grow room* in our garage:

P1010208

And, it's so cool.

When they first sprout, they look like this:

P1010211

And, then, less than 24 hours later, after exposure to the one cool flourescent and one warm flourescent bulb, they look like this:

P1010212

In the interests of safety in numbers, I planted roughly 250 seeds of somewhere in the neighborhood of 35 breeds of tomatoes and tomatillos. Even with the new construction, this summer, we have space for maybe 20 plants of this type if we want to have a summer garden with vegetables of any other type. It should be interesting to see how this plays out...

No comments: