January 31, 2004

Oh, that's where the time went

I know where the time went, and I wouldn't change a thing. Reading, class, workouts, and the following are all things for which I'm thankful:

1. E and I drove to my hometown to celebrate my niece's 2nd birthday. It's amazing how quickly children change. I'd just seen my niece on January 1st, and 3 weeks later she's bigger, has more muscle control in her face, and knows more words. While we were there, my dad gave me a garbage bag full of wild duck and pheasant. As a carnivore, aspiring chef, and child of a responsible hunter, I have to gloat. 4 duck breasts (pre-cleaned, to boot) of 2 varietals (different weekends, different migrating birds), and 4 whole pheasants. Happy freezer full of birds.

2. Mid-week dinner with my sister, E and R. My sister made a delicious asparagus risotto. I made the duck in a butter, red-wine vinegar, and pink peppercorn sauce. Perfection.

3. E and I watched two great movies (Netflix is brilliant) this week. First we enjoyed the soundtrack and explosions of the dork coming of age story October Sky (probably should have been named Rocket Boys). And, we finally saw the light and cute Bend it Like Beckham (mmm... now I want some Indian food...).

4. Then, there was the 1L party where I made new friends, played bad pool, and got to know many of my classmates a little bit better.

Now, if only I could get my moot court assignments finished...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)

Anonymous said...

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it