January 30, 2004

raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...

The school sponsored welcome back party was last night. It's not usually my thing to go party like a rock star with a bunch of acquaintances (my classmates), but something got into me and I decided to go check it out. It was a swanky shindig in a top-floor penthouse of an appartment tower (amazing views). I was, underdressed, as usual, but many of my fellow students went all out. There are many pretty people in law school. Many of whom I'd never seen before. Where do these people hide?

The evening was a wonderful success, and I arrived at a very giving friend's house to crash around 2:15 AM. I couldn't fall asleep very easily, but eventually fell into that unrestful I-know-I'm-not-in-my-own-bed-and-I-partied-a-little-too-hard sleep.

Then the construction woke me up at 6:45 AM. I must say, that is NOT one of my favorite things...

Thank goodness it's Friday.

No comments: