October 14, 2003

Soup Season

8 weeks in. Fall, as much as it comes here, is on it's way. It's getting colder at night. The time for soup and big red wine is here. Mmmmm.....

Traditionally, I read more during the colder seasons. I hope this habit will serve me well this semester. Some concentrated reading and outlining is probably in order for the weekend but today is chores, and the rest of the week rolling along in the go to class, workout, read, research, and write mode. I'm keeping up, but feel like a bit of mid-semester consolidation would do wonders for keeping me relaxed and focused on the important things in life. Like soup.

Last night, E and I enjoyed green bean and parmesan soup--a much better use of green beans than as a side dish.

Sautee a few chopped garlic cloves in 2 T butter.
Throw in a hand full of green beans, with the ends chopped off.
After two minutes, add a can of chicken stock, salt, and pepper to taste.
Boil for 10-15 minutes until beans are tender.
Puree the beans and liquid 'til smooth and return to the pot.
Mix in a handful of parmesan cheese until melted.
Serve immediately.

Tonight: avocado soup.

No comments: