May 17, 2004

500 yards to the finish line

You know the people that crawl over the finish line at the end of marathons? That's how I feel right now.

In the last 17 days, I've put in at least 110 hours of studying, ran 48.36 miles (which probably kept me sane), and spent 10 hours taking actual exams. This set of finals is an easy finalist in the competition for most demanding project of my life. I'm certain I've done other stretches of time that were this demanding, but due to the brain drain, I can't remember them right now, and most certainly, I was younger and more able to handle it back then. However, I've almost made it--there's only 24 hours of studying/sleep/etc and 3 exam-taking hours 'til 1L is done. I can hardly wait.

Unfortunately, I also have many a class note to push into my outline, several flow charts to make and a few practice exams to take before the last exam. So, I'm going to have to wait a little bit to enjoy the doneness, but it'll all be over before I know it.

If you see this before 11:30 AM on Tuesday, think good thoughts for me. My exhausted brain needs all the help it can get.

No comments: