August 15, 2003

Last Day of Freedom

Slept in. Surfed the web. Now I'm off to the pool and then an afternoon and dinner with a friend I haven't seen in 6 months. Not a bad way to spend the day.

Oh, and the cold retreated.

Law School Rant No. Cuatro?

The web site. It appears that one of the faculty members secured their 5th grader a "Learn HTML in a summer" project, which became the school's web site. It doesn't work in most browsers, it's ugly, the menus often don't display. I'm certain the fifth grader is now a 7th grader with HTML experience and is ashamed of her work. I'm also certain that my school can no longer afford her going rate. So, IT maintains the site with an apathy that is palpable while surfing. I can only hope that they make good on their promise to post our section assignments and schedules today. You see... I'm very excited to start school. {laugh} Yup, I'm a geek. Always have been. At least I no longer have the HUGE coke-bottle glasses with large plastic rims that I was forced to wear when I was in 5th grade. Contacts are a good thing.

No comments: