August 20, 2003

Still Glowing

Yup. This law school thing seems to rock like crazy right now. The whole "Wednesday off" after Monday and Tuesday of orientation before classes on Thursday thing... yeah, it's treating me quite well. I drove E to work, drove to Costco, where they informed me that my lowly gold-star membership meant that I had to wait 'til after 11 AM to shop. So, I dropped off some of our stuff at the dry-cleaners, watched The Paper Chase, and finally returned to Costco, where they'd come to their senses and decided I could shop, so I stocked up. I also went shopping to buy new running shoes (the last pair had maybe 30 miles left in them), spent some time on my golf game (bought a new driver!), ate delicious south Indian fast food for lunch (delicious fast food, impossible, you say? Idly Podi from Madras Cafe, I say). I also read, highlighted, thought about, etc. the required reading for property, and prepared a delicious dinner of browned shallots and garlic over proscuitto-stuffed and proscuitto-wrapped basil-chicken (oh, yeah, points for me, and really, is there ever such a thing as too much prosciutto?). So, basically, I'm enjoying the life of a law student. I'm not complaining yet. So far, it's great.

Other than that, I have nothing to add except that I tried to babble to E. about the required case for property and, well, it wasn't very well received. Somehow, I think I'm going to have to keep my babbling about law to a minimum around the house. This is probably a good thing.

No comments: