July 10, 2003

Sibling Rivalry

I'm not quite sure why, but I find an inordinate amount of pleasure in following the latest developments in the school-yard name-calling spat between Italy and Germany.

Anyone else going to join in? It seems like the French should be involved somehow, no?

On the work front, I've got a nice steady stream of work crossing my desk these days. It's varied and interesting, which I suspect is much more related to their desire to seduce me into the job than the reality of what an associate does on a day-to-day basis. I'm getting excellent feedback and my mentors as well as non-mentoring associates have been wonderful about answering my questions, not only those related to the firm, but also those related to the practice of law in general. My SA, in particular, has been helpful in answering my questions about possibly practicing a different type of law (which would necessitate my leaving the firm). Of course, he manages to do it in a way that spoils me with honesty, respect, openess, approachability, and what appears to be a geniune concern about me as a person. If that wouldn't make a person want to work somewhere, I don't know what would...

Update:

A friend turned me on to www.inpassing.org. Ahh... the random babblings of Berkeley are fabulous.
For example:

by Jen on 2003-07-09 19:14:06

Heard outside of Its A Grind Coffee House:
Guy with emo glasses-"Its not that problems don't exist, it's just that your problems don't necessarily exist in my realm of thinking. Nor mine in yours."
Girl with really really big hair-"Can you just dump me already, because I really have to get to work today."




No comments: