June 3, 2003

More on the PDA hunt

So, the PDA hunt continues as the remaining pages of my paper calendar dwindle. At this point, I think I'm leaning towards the Zaurus. Although the newest versions of the YOPY look oh-so-cool, they are a bit expensive. But, they have a car charger. What I'm actually suffering from is the fact that the longer I wait, the cooler and cheaper the gadgets will be. But...I actually NEED (or at least want enough to purchase in the next month) a PDA. One route I could go is to get a cheap palm for now and just wait. But the MP3 player... it's calling my name.

Here's what I'm comparing so far:









YOPYZaurus SL-5500

$499

4.0 X 2.7 X 0.75 in

6.0 oz.

128 MB RAM

ARM linux w/package manager

handwriting recognition

bigger keyboard

fold-out/protected screen

Can't read the User Manual due to a font problem

Other Korean/English small user community problems



$360

2.9 x 5.4 x 0.7 in.

6.8 oz.

64 MB RAM

Embedded linux--package manager if OpenZaurus

User Community/OpenZaurus/software

Comes with: USB connected cradle; AC adapter







No comments: