June 3, 2003

PDA hunt complete

After much soul-searching between reading pages of Festo, I made up my mind. The Zaurus should arrive in 2 days. Woo-hoo. I can't wait to rip myself a decent MP3 collection of classical music for the commute to school. For those of you who are interested, I couldn't take any more of a risk than I'm already taking by going with an upstart OS in the PDA category. The YOPY is probably pretty cool, but I'm going to have enough trouble getting what I need out of the OpenZaurus community without having to deal with internationalization issues and early-adopter issues that will undoubtedly plague the YOPY for another 6 months to a year. Perhaps the next gen will be a YOPY, but I think the Zaurus will get me through the next three years of school just fine.

No comments: